Monday, August 4

a few more prayers please

I would like to ask for a few more prayers and thoughts today. My grandma is in the hospital and had an emergency stent put in. She was having chest pain so my mom brought her in and she had only 1/14 of an inch left open in one artery?. The dr said this has probably been going on slowly for 4 years. So when she just came out of surgery, she started to have a seizure and the nurses and dr.'s came in with the crash cart and had to revive her right away. Everything is alright now, but he thinks that a piece of the stent broke off already and thinks there might have been some internal bleeding going on! They are going to do a CT scan but have to wait until the dye is out of her system from the angioplasty before they can proceed. This is all I know for now and will keep you updated on her progress.
God definetly has a plan!!! Steve was supposed to be in Ann Arbor this week but for some reason or another he has been in Lansing. Thank God!! Today there was a Schindler elevator man in Ann Arbor that was killed on the job. He thought his elevator was on the same floor as him and I guess he didnt notice it was not there. He was on the 5th floor and the elevator was on the 6th floor. He fell 100 ft down. I am so thankful that it was not Steve, but I want to cry for this mans family. I think that I do not want Steve doing this anymore. Money is good but at what cost? I feel sick to my stomach knowing that could have been Steve or Jacob. Please be safe at work, everyone and always pay attention. Especially Steve and Jacob. I love you both and don't want anything bad to happen.
So please keep this man's family in your thoughts and prayers and also my grandma. Thank you.
P.S. I think Ava might be on the mend slowly. She is finally sleeping 3-4 hours during the day and not coughing or choking as much as before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that your grandma made it to the hospital and something worse didn't happen! I am praying that everything turns out ok! And keep us updated! Oh, and praise the Lord for Ava and that Steve was not on that job!

Anonymous said...

we will pray for your grandma too amber. I am so glad the little baby is better. Love aunt pam

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your grandma, Amber. I had no idea. She was a very lucky lady. Hope she is on the mend and you can spend some time with her this summer. Mom