Tuesday, September 16

Ava

We had our 2nd opinion today about Ava and her cough. The Dr. is a woman about my age(maybe a little older) with a 5 1/2 month old too. So she knows about little kids. Anyways, she is convinced that her cough and such is from asthma/allergies. Since there is history from both parents and some grandparents(allergies and asthma) So she gave me an inhaler to give to her 2 times a day for 2 weeks and then another check up. If this doesn't work then she will try another rx. She also took Ava off the Zantac but kept her on the Prevacid, since that is the stronger of the two. So I am impressed with her. then she also gave me 5 containers of formula!! SWEET!!!!! So that is all really from this end. Hope all is well and thank goodness the rain stopped!!

2 comments:

stacey said...

I'm so happy for you. I know how frustrating and financially exhausting it is to not get answers or half answers from doctors. They call it practicing medicine for a reason. They're still figuring it out. :) I love you and the girls and I'm glad that you have some answers. I hope that it works.

Anonymous said...

maybe this is the answer...so glad you found a doctor who can relate on a personal level. Ava is such a sweet baby with a quick smile. she dosen't deserve such a nasty cough! Dad and I adored spending the night with her on Friday. She is special. Luv, Mom S.